We currently have around 40 shops/community hubs across Scotland. Our shops and hubs help us raise funds so we can provide our services to the people who need us. Every one of our stores relies on a team of volunteers to help run it and support our staff.
This is an opportunity to undertake a satisfying and rewarding role. As part of our team of volunteers, you will provide customer support, whilst working in a friendly atmosphere, providing an extremely useful and appreciated service to the Charity. The role includes: welcoming and assisting customers, customer service and sales service, stock control, sorting donations, hanging and ticketing stock and helping to keep the shop clean and tidy.
CHSS supports groups across Scotland to meet the needs of people living with chest, lung and heart conditions and following a stroke. Peer support groups give people the chance to share experiences with others who understand what they are going through.
Peer support groups have various reasons for coming together. It may be to meet socially, take part in physical activity or learn how to live well with their condition. Each group is unique and tailored to the needs of its local community. Everyone involved with the group will have a say in how the group is run.
Integrated Peer Support Groups are fully supported by Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland.
Tasks may include:
· Acting as contact for CHSS if the Lead Volunteer is unavailable
· Setting up and clearing the room
· Organising refreshments
· Taking the register and collecting subs
· Meeting and greeting new members
· Organising and taking part in the programme of activities
· Supporting and taking part in fundraising e.g. raffles
· Promoting the group
· Using social media on behalf of the group
· Working to the group’s health & safety and other procedures