Last is a social enterprise based in Glasgow that aims to support people to reduce their plastic waste. We do this by providing advice and selling products that help people do this. Our profits will be used to develop educational programmes focussed on the environment.
You will work closely with the Directors to collate and create valuable market insights that will inform the Business Plan and Financial Forecasting model for the company. These will be used to help us better understand the market and our competitors and persuade prospective funders to provide financial support to Make it Last.
Specific tasks include:
• Collect data on consumers, competitors and the marketplace and consolidate this information into actionable items, reports and presentations
• Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
• Compile and analyse statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it
• Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
• Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
• Use online market research and catalogue findings
• Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
The work generated by the post will directly inform the future development of this business and as such will provide valuable experience and examples for use in CVs and job interviews.
All work will be undertaken remotely, as the business does not currently have office premises.
You will require access to a laptop and a good internet connection.