As a Volunteer Administrator you will play a key role is supporting the service, ensuring all communication between staff, service uses and partner agencies runs smoothly, this includes answering calls and directing enquires. You will be a valued member of the administration team supporting them in various administrative roles including, booking appointments, sending letters and general office duties such as photocopying, filing and scanning. On-the-job training will be provided – all you need is an organised approach and a willingness to learn.
• Support the team to ensure that telephone calls and visits from service users, outside agencies and CGL staff are dealt with promptly and courteously.
• Provide service users with basic advice about the services and signpost them where appropriate
• To ensure that admin, record-keeping and communication within the project are maintained.
• Support the team in managing/booking appointments via the electronic diary system
• Send outgoing letters to service users and partner agencies
• Maintain general office administrative duties such as filing, photocopying and scanning
• Maintain accurate records of all contacts on our case management systems
In carrying out the above duties the post holder will:
• To help Change Grow Live fulfil its role in offering the best service to our clients.
• To perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability.
• To follow the Change Grow Live’s procedures and standards, including health and safety and equal opportunities, in relation to our staff, volunteers and clients.
• To maintain the confidential information of Change Grow Live and of our clients; adhering to Change Grow Live’s policies and procedures
• To meet the time commitments and standards which have been mutually agreed and to give reasonable notice so other arrangements can be made when this is not possible.
• Ability to work with professional boundaries
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• IT literacy and knowledge of Microsoft word/excel
• Excellent time management skills, and an ability to work on own initiative prioritising accordingly.
• Ability to liaise and work in partnership with a wide range of professionals and agencies.
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
This post is subject to a PVG check at a basic level.