We are looking for a creative videographer to join our volunteer team!
This volunteer opportunity will allow you to create compelling videos to showcase Global Family’s
work in community development and anti-human trafficking.
We are looking for someone who can take direction from written and spoken ideas and concert them into images, layouts, and other
Global Family Care Network is a non-profit organization that works to prevent and intercept child trafficking and systematic abuse and provide long-term and family-based care for children who are victims of commercial sexual exploitation and other forms of abuse. Our mission is to preserve the family and protect at-risk children with the assistance of community organizations, volunteer caregivers, and donors. Our vision is to help as many children as possible who are victims of poverty, exploitation, and abuse by modeling and sharing principled methods that represent the best possible outcome. Collectively, our model projects are active in nine countries with 304 global team members. We have reported the following outcomes over the last ten years:
- 166,447 participating in prevention clubs being educated about trafficking and child sexual abuse and empowered to protect themselves
- 1,301 victims of trafficking and exploitation cared for in our shelters
- 1,582 children restored back home with their families
Global Family UK is focused on:
- The training and resourcing of individuals working in the prevention of human trafficking, rehabilitation and reintegration of victims of commercial sexual exploitation, and community-based approaches to protect children and preserve families
- Research and development of innovative, best practice, and alternative interventions to combating human trafficking and other forms of modern-day slavery, family-based services for children who lack biological support and who have been abandoned and/or systematically abused, and community-based development
- Monitoring and evaluation of Global Family’s global programs (currently active in nine countries)
Responsibilities of this Social Media Volunteer role:
- Post daily (or pre-create daily posts) for Facebook for both Global Family and St. James Research Centre
- Develop and build a social media presence
- Respond to donors on Facebook
- Create and advertise fundraising campaigns on social media
- Work with advisors to develop and implement a social media strategy
We are looking for volunteers who are keen to assist in looking after children (ages 5 - 12) as part of our ‘Legal Guardian Date Night’ initiative. Global Family are looking to provide respite for Foster Parents and Kinship Carers who are looking after children in the care system.
Global Family will provide a safe space for the children and you will supervise them (alongside one member of staff) playing games, watching movies etc.
This will be held on the last Saturday of every month between 6-9pm, dates below: