Global Family Care Network is a non-profit organization that works to prevent and intercept child trafficking and systematic abuse and provide long-term and family-based care for children who are victims of commercial sexual exploitation and other forms of abuse. Our mission is to preserve the family and protect at-risk children with the assistance of community organizations, volunteer caregivers, and donors. Our vision is to help as many children as possible who are victims of poverty, exploitation, and abuse by modeling and sharing principled methods that represent the best possible outcome. Collectively, our model projects are active in nine countries with 304 global team members. We have reported the following outcomes over the last ten years:
- 166,447 participating in prevention clubs being educated about trafficking and child sexual abuse and empowered to protect themselves
- 1,301 victims of trafficking and exploitation cared for in our shelters
- 1,582 children restored back home with their families
Global Family UK is focused on:
- The training and resourcing of individuals working in the prevention of human trafficking, rehabilitation and reintegration of victims of commercial sexual exploitation, and community-based approaches to protect children and preserve families
- Research and development of innovative, best practice, and alternative interventions to combating human trafficking and other forms of modern-day slavery, family-based services for children who lack biological support and who have been abandoned and/or systematically abused, and community-based development
- Monitoring and evaluation of Global Family’s global programs (currently active in nine countries)
Responsibilities of this Social Media Volunteer role:
- Post daily (or pre-create daily posts) for Facebook for both Global Family and St. James Research Centre
- Develop and build a social media presence
- Respond to donors on Facebook
- Create and advertise fundraising campaigns on social media
- Work with advisors to develop and implement a social media strategy
We are looking for a creative individual who is passionate about helping people become more informed about human trafficking and modern slavery and who can help us market for our programme as well as get the word out to the community about how to help prevent these crimes.
We are looking at community programmes and building flyers and information for the local public on the issues of human trafficking and modern slavery. We will also be marketing our programme globally through social media and other outlets.
We are looking for someone who has knowledge of video editing who can help us edit videos for courses we are building for our programmes (community strengthening, orphan care, human trafficking, etc.).
We are looking for a video editor who can work alongside our course developer 1-2 days a week in a combination of in-person at our Falkirk Centre and remotely.
We are looking for volunteers to join our Community Advisory Committee who will work with
another 2 or 3 members to take the lead in developing ways to gather feedback from the Falkirk
Community on Global Family, our work and plans.
You will then create a report based on the
feedback and submit it to the board.
You will work together to organise public open meetings and/or develop a campaign ie surveys
The Committee will have full autonomy so you will work together and will decide on when and
how often you will meet.
Please make an application if you are interested - we will hold a meeting with other applicants
where you can discuss availability