STAR Project are looking to expand their Board of Trustees. Would you like to be at the helm of our exciting developments?
STAR Project is an award winning community organisation, delivering sustainable and positive social outcomes in the North End of Paisley and beyond. Established in 1999, employing a person centred academic approach we deliver group and individual supports consistent with local and national strategy to build safer, more connected and resilient families and communities.
In the heart of the multiply deprived area, where individuals and families face well documented challenges, we facilitate opportunity and aspiration, boost life chances, engender community ownership and celebrate every success. Financially stable and entering an exciting period of development, we are looking for professional individuals who share our commitment and drive to make Renfrewshire one of the best places to live and work to join our Board of trustees. The time commitment is 6 meetings annually with potential sub group meetings/tasks in addition (roughly 2 hrs per month).
Applicants should be able to recognise this unique opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Enquiries are welcome from those with experience and understanding of the challenges facing our communities. Applicants will be motivated to share skills and experience from a diverse range of backgrounds and in particular relation to:
• understanding and experience of third sector involvement in multiply deprived areas
• financial management
• legal matters
• understanding and experience of social enterprise
• HR management
• setting targets, monitoring/evaluating in commercial and non-profit organisations
• fundraising and securing funding/grants/income generation
• recruitment/personnel management, including a knowledge of employment legislation
• public relations
• organisational development
• policy development
• business development
• digital/computers and information technology
• education and learning
• health and social care
We are looking for individuals to join us that have:
• a commitment to STAR Project and its objectives
• an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
• a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a trustee
• strategic vision
• good, independent judgement
• an ability to think creatively
• willingness to speak their mind
• an ability to work effectively as a member of a team