Are you a tech savvy, digital native who is comfortable engaging across various social media platforms?
Do you have a couple of hours per week available to assist Bailliefields Community Hub (formerly known as Westquarter & Redding Cricket Club)?
Do you want to work with Scotland’s Local Sports Club of the Year?
If so, please read on!
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to assist with updating and developing their social media activity. The principal social media activity is via Facebook and Twitter.
It is anticipated that this volunteering position would involve the following activities:
• Work with the various stakeholders at BCH (Directors, Trustees and Coaches) to further raise awareness of the activities (both cricket and non-cricket) that take place at Balliefields in Brightons
• Raise awareness of BCH across the local Braes area and further afield across Falkirk
• Creating and scheduling posts for our various social media platforms
• Assist BCH in developing its social media presence in terms of what, when and how updates are shared
• Post regular updates on Hub activities and future plans
• Raise and maintain awareness of the fundraising that is taking place to deliver Phases 1 & 2 of Bailliefield Community Hub buildings
• Increase awareness of the activities that are taking place to raise participation by girls, those with disabilities and also access to cricket for children from some of the more disadvantaged parts of the local area
• Raise awareness of the availability of the new BCH buildings for non-sporting purposes
• Keeping the social media channels updated and encouraging others to comment on and share updates
• Picking up and directing any queries that are directed to BCH via these social media platforms
The ideal candidate will have a couple of hours to spare across the week, to work with BCH on the activities above. Bailliefields Community Hub are keen to support the development of our volunteers and would fund any training and development opportunities.