As an AbilityNet Tech volunteer you can help unleash the power of technology to ensure that older people and those with a disability are not excluded from the digital world.
Across the UK our 300 volunteers visit older and/or disabled people at home, or currently contact them via other methods so that the service is safe for everyone, to offer one-to-one support with their technology, whether that’s a computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
- Trouble shoot technical issues.
- Offer impartial advice on technology.
- Set up new tech and install hardware and software.
- Show people how to use their tech at home e.g. shop online, send and receive emails and Skype with family and friends.
- Make adaptations to support a disabled person’s specific technology needs.
What will I be doing?
- Contacting clients to arrange home visits (or supporting them remotely).
- Feeding back on progress via our online ticketing system.
- Supporting your local County Coordinator with promoting the ITCanHelp service in the local area.
- Getting together with other tech volunteers at team meetings and wider company events.
- Undergoing training on adaptive technology.
- Supporting other volunteers through our online chat facility.