Charity registered in Scotland
ANGUSalive is the culture, sport and leisure trust for the county of Angus and has been operating since December 2015. The charity is ambitious and aims to provide the best services for its customers. ANGUSalive offers residents and visitors to Angus a wealth of services which are ‘changing lives by inspiring healthy, active and creative lifestyle choices’ through the use of its sports centres, country parks, theatres and venues, museums, galleries, archives and libraries.
Working with teams at Crombie, Forfar Loch, Monikie Park or Angus Glens countryside activities which include conservation work, environmental education, site maintenance and preparing for event and activities.
Can you spare a few hours per month?
Would you like to support people in your community who have been affected by cancer?
ANGUSalive are working in partnership with Macmillan to develop information and support services for anyone affected by cancer in Angus based in Arbroath, Brechin, Carnoustie, Forfar, Kirriemuir, Monifieth and/or Montrose libraries.
Options for Volunteer Involvement-
· Advertising and Signposting our service locally
· Stock checking booklets and ordering regularly
· Face-to-Face support for people in Angus, giving written information and signposting to other support services
What will you get out of it?
· Training in listening and supporting others (Macmillan/Queen Margaret University accredited training course)
· Opportunity to support people in your community
· Opportunity to attend certain training courses run by Angus Council, NHS Tayside and Macmillan Cancer Support
· Other wider Macmillan volunteering roles if interested
How much time should I give?
This is flexible from a couple of hours a week to a couple of hours a month as suits the individual.
Interested? For further information please press the 'I want to volunteer' button or contact us direct on MacmillanInfoSupport@angusalive.scot or 01307 492465.
ANGUSalive has a vast Group Fitness programme which runs across our 7 facilities. The programme consists of world wide fitness classes created by Les Mills, Kettlebells, Yoga, aqua and much more. You would work with one of our experienced group fitness instructors to increase your knowledge in group fitness.
• Weekly monitoring of the group fitness programme
• Running reports on group fitness programme to look at number of attendees
• Updating weekly monitoring sheets and highlighting classes which may require support in promotion
• Creativity in creating engaging and exciting posts for social media channels to aid class promotion
• Speaking to customers and providing class passes if required
What do volunteers gain:
What will the volunteer gain from this:
• Knowledge and understanding on reporting and monitoring
• Experience in running reports and extracting data
• Ability to look at reports and make decisions based on data analysis
• Knowledge and experience of the Group Fitness Programme and the trends of the programme
As a Sports Advisor you will be the friendly and enthusiastic public face of ANGUSalive. With a passion for excellent customer service you will provide a high standard of customer care, maintaining a professional, well presented and welcoming environment.
• Assisting with equipment set up/take down
• Learn to carry out gym inductions
• Customer care and service
• Maintenance and day to day operations
• Learn the role of the lifeguard
Volunteers will gain insight to the role of the Sports Advisor and the task undertaken to provide excellent customer service in a busy sports environment. Increase of health and safety including life guarding. Work experience will help with any future recruitment opportunities with the sports and leisure industry.