Connect Alloa provides services and activities which meet the needs of young people living in Alloa and surrounding areas. This involves running youth group sessions online and out in the community. The purpose of this Youth Work Assistant volunteer role is to support the team with running the youth group sessions each week.
Connect are seeking individuals who are passionate about young people
They provide weekly face-to-face sessions, offering a safe space to allow young people to be involved in projects, ‘hot topic’ conversations, develop confidence and resilience, help guide Connect Alloa’s future based on their needs and wants and have a place to unwind and be themselves in an inclusive and respectful group.
Connect Alloa would look to utilise any skills you would bring as a volunteer but relationships can take time so they would also look to partner you with existing team members to shadow their practice so support your learning and development.
This opportunity will allow you to gain new skills, try new things, utilise existing skills and be part of a small, yet dynamic team from a variety of backgrounds.
Training and support will be provided for all volunteers.
THE ROLE MAY INCLUDE DUTIES SUCH AS:
• Undertaking relevant training, including, but not limited to Child Protection Awareness
• Being a positive role model
• Networking with like-minded people and organisations
• Reflecting on your practice to improve in your role and offer any feedback as a key team member
• Be willing to lead on certain activities you feel comfortable in or push your boundaries to enhance your experience
• Setting up before group and cleaning down afterwards.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM CONNECT ALLOA:
• A positive volunteering experience.
• Opportunity to learn new skills and/or enhance an existing skillset.
• Regular support and supervision.
• Assurance that all volunteers are treated fairly and in accordance with our Equality and Diversity Policy.
• Adequate induction and training to ensure you know what to do to stay safe, in accordance with our Health and Safety Policy.
• Flexibility in relation to your volunteering hours, recognising your need for holiday time and other commitments.
• Reasonable expenses reimbursed.
• Job references after 6 months of volunteering with the group.
WHAT CONNECT EXPECT FROM THE VOLUNTEER:
• Perform your volunteering to the best of your ability and in line with the volunteer role description.
• Compliance with Connect Alloa organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements such as health and safety legislation for running youth nights.
• Maintaining the confidential information of the organisation in relation to current legislation.
• Meeting time and other commitments as agreed but when unable to do so to give reasonable notice so that other arrangements can be made.
• To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children, young people and vulnerable adults for whom she/he is responsible has contact.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Please email email@example.com or visit the website at www.connectalloa.org.uk for more details.