Our volunteers perform a variety of roles in order to help us provide for survivors and vulnerable people. We currently have a 'Volunteer- Support Worker' opportunity available. This opportunity would help women with life controlling issues and those who have been a victim of human trafficking and modern slavery.
City Hearts is passionate about pursuing freedom and restoring lives. One of the main aspects our volunteer support workers do is to help at shifts at our safe house to guide our clients with life skills like cooking and cleaning and to be assisting them. This can include:
- Assisting with the running of the house (ensuring rotas are followed, cleaning, checking up on
Clients e.g.: sleeping/meds/eating/social/mood)
- Assisting case workers with admin.
- Take women to appointments.
- Help women learn life skills in a practical way.
- Encourage independence and use of progression plans.
- Encourage participation in activities.
- Run informal activities.
- Help clients get to Junction (our office base at Bon Accord Terrace).
- Sleep shifts.
- Be friendly with the women but keep boundaries.
- Document all events and handover.
- Stand by.
Within the team, support workers report to the operations coordinator and the manager. They may also work closely with the case workers.
This role requires 5-15 hours a week. All help makes a difference and is greatly appreciated. For more information please contact Heidi Ogboke, Project Manager at email email@example.com or tel.: 01224 587496.