Would you like to be part of building a new project to help Care Experienced children and young people engage in activities in their local community? The Participation Support Volunteer role will provide and support activities for young people to build their skills and confidence, as well as building connection and belonging amongst Care Experienced young people.
This role will involve being at the forefront of a new project in North Ayrshire, where you will be setting up a new group and interacting with young people secondary school aged 12-16, predominantly young people who are looked after at home or in kinship care settings. You will be supporting and leading on a variety of activities chosen by the young people in fortnightly sessions as well as opportunities to get involved with our National events that happen throughout the year.
You do not need to be Care Experienced for this role, but we are, as always, interested to hear from applicants with Care Experience.
What will I be doing?
• Involved in the project from the planning stages and building the team
• Supporting staff to plan & undertake activities
• Supporting youth group sessions
• Leading on activities & planning
• Supporting young people’s sense of belonging and connection
• Helping children and young people to have fun
• Building children and young people’s confidence and self esteem
• Being a positive role model