Positive Changes (Scotland) CIC-Community Interest Company / Grace Chocolates is a social enterprise supporting women with convictions as they journey towards new beginnings.
Our RISE Mentoring Programme inspires, supports and empowers women through a meaningful mentoring relationship whilst working towards their goals and actions set at the beginning of the programme. Mentors receive CPD accredited training, which means that while you are making a meaningful difference to a woman’s life, you will also be furthering your own skills that can be used across different aspects of your life and job. There are also preparation sessions for mentees to ensure that they get the most out of the experience from the outset. Regular support meetings with the mentor coordinator will ensure that everyone is getting the most out of the programme.
We are sure that there are amazing potential mentors in our communities across Scotland, and We particularly welcome women with lived experience of the criminal justice system who have made positive changes in their lives and are keen to share the benefits of their experience with others. People living with addictions are welcome to apply but we ask that you have not used for a minimum of 2 years and actively managing any addictions.
We would love to hear from anyone who:
- Can dedicate the time to support and empower women by committing to mentoring for a minimum of 1 year
- Wants to further their own skills and have access to training whilst helping make a difference
- Is available for training online on various dates throughout March and April, and can commit to an online training course in your own time
- Has the qualities to support women in a range of circumstances. You don't need experience, but you will need to be a good listener, be positive, encouraging and be able to help people set goals and action plans.
Here are some quotes from those who have taken part in the programme previously:
- Mentee, 2022 - "Every single goal I made, I smashed it and my mentor helped me achieve these!"
- Current Mentor - "Ultimately, you have no idea how inspiring and amazing your mentee will be for you, as you work together on their goals. I value the experience of mentoring because these women deserve the time and positive relationship that mentoring brings."
The programme is funded by Impact Funding Partners and the Scottish Government.
A fantastic opportunity to help. All volunteers make a real positive difference and are greatly appreciated. For further details please contact: Elizabeth McGowan, Mentoring Programme Support Co-Ordinator at email: email@example.com or telephone: 07309719209.