VTO provides free one to one tuition to children and young people (aged 8-18) to help tackle the attainment gap in Scotland. We work with young people from diverse backgrounds including those from low income families, care experience, EAL, or those faced with perceived barriers to learning. Our volunteers are responsible for developing a person-centred tutoring experience online. A key part of this role is relationship building, mentoring, instilling confidence, and empowering young people through education. Volunteers from a range of diverse backgrounds and experiences are welcome.
What will I be doing?
• Working one-to-one with a young person who requires tutoring support online.
• Relationship-building and mentoring
• Instilling a growth mindset towards learning
• Monitoring and recording progress of learning and keeping in contact with your assigned Learning Communities Coordinator
• Take part in relevant training
• Tutoring in English, Maths and potentially other subjects, dependent on experience
• Sourcing and creating engaging ways to support pupils’ skills and learning