Trauma Healing Together
Charity registered in Scotland
Trauma Healing UK is a charity dedicated to providing opportunities for growth and recovery to those who have experienced poor mental health as a result of trauma. Our vision is for all trauma survivors in Scotland to have the resilience and skills needed to live a fulfilling and meaningful life despite their trauma.
Trauma Healing Together is a new registered charity requiring a passionate trainee counsellor to help us to support trauma survivors in a counselling setting.
We are looking for someone who has achieved a minimum of 30 clinical hours with another placement provider.
As part of this role, you will be offered training in trauma and supervision. You will also be offered the opportunity to improve your skills and knowledge by attending our clinical research discussion groups. There may also be the opportunity to shadow an experienced Mental Health Nurse in a clinical setting.
If successful at the recruitment stage, you will be required to undergo a PVG check and safeguarding training in advance of beginning the placement.
1. Maintain ethical supervision as required by Trauma Healing Together (THT) and BACP.
2. To abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
3. To adhere to the policies and procedures and the Code of Conduct for all members.
4. To provide a minimum of three counselling hours per week with adult survivors of trauma
5. To attend Peer supervision on a monthly basis which will last 2 hours
6. To attend our clinical research discussion group on a monthly basis which will last 1.5 hours.
7. To ensure all client case notes, assessments and any other documentation are completed in accordance with the policies and procedures of THT.
Trauma Healing Together is a new registered charity requiring an organised, creative, and passionate person to support the charity in achieving its vision.
We are looking for someone who has experience in social media to work alongside our PR volunteer and Events and Marketing Officer.
As part of this role, you will be offered training in trauma and will receive mentoring from an experienced journalist. You will also be offered the opportunity to improve your skills and knowledge by attending our comms and marketing strategic planning meetings.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Help us develop and/or execute a social media campaign around our vision
• Raise awareness and profile of the charity
• Manage and maintain social media channels on a regular basis
• Produce fresh and engaging content for our social media channels
• Prepare graphics for sharing across channels
• Engage with our followers and encourage interaction
We are looking for individuals with lived experience of poor mental health to help us design and develop the 2022 Perth and Kinross Mental Health and Wellbeing Festival. You will be integral in generating ideas on how to make the festival successful and how to increase its reach so more people can benefit from it.
This role will involve working with our partners and other individuals with lived experience.
We are looking for individuals with lived experience of poor mental health to help us at the festival.
We are seeking volunteers to support us over the weekend. Activities that we need help with include setting up and packing up, greeting visitors at the entrance, managing the foyer and helping us create some artwork. We want to create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere for the event and would love as many people to be involved in breaking down the stigma of mental health.