Each week, we help over 6,500 young people develop the skills to succeed in life. But this can only happen thanks to our brilliant volunteers.
Volunteering is easier than you think. Whether you can spare an hour a month or a day a year, we have hundreds of opportunities both behind the scenes and directly supporting young people. With full support and training, you can volunteer on a flexible basis.
Not only is it incredibly rewarding and great fun, you’ll learn some brilliant skills transferable to the workplace and further education.
We welcome volunteers from every community and background. You don’t need to have been a Scout.
You just need to believe in a more positive future and the difference we can make together.
Volunteer today and help us prepare more young people with Skills for Life.
Clyde Scouts is a Region within Scouting in Scotland and is a registered Charity.
The Region supports Scouting over Glasgow, East Renfrewshire, East Dunbartonshire, North Lanarkshire and South Lanarkshire. We are there to make sure that every group and District is provided with the support to provide #SkillsForLife for every young person in their area.
Scouts take part in a wide range of activities as diverse as kayaking, abseiling, expeditions overseas, photography, climbing and zorbing. As a Scout you can learn survival skills, first aid, computer programming or even how to fly a plane. There’s something for everyone. It’s a great way to have fun, make friends, get outdoors, express your creativity and experience the wider world.
Clyde Scouts is extremely lucky to have several operations which support our mission:
1. Auchengillan Outdoor Centre - An Outdoor Education and Adventure centre for young people in Scouts as well as from School and other groups
2. The Glasgow Scout Shop - A small shop that provides Scouting Uniform, badges and other items used for outdoor activities.
3. Several Campsites
4. Access to Pinkston Watersports - A watersports centre in Glasgow providing amazing opportunities for young people to experience Kayaking
Providing all of this isn't easy but the Region is managed and run by the Regional Team which is made up of amazing volunteers.
We have our Regional Chair, Regional Commissioner, members of Committees and now we are looking for you... the Regional Treasurer.
• Act as Treasurer for Clyde Scouts
• Manage and monitor the financial activities of the charity in conjunction with the Accountant, and
report to the Regional Executive Committee.
• Provide the Regional Executive Committee with regular reports on the creation of budgets and
financial planning, to allow appropriate monitoring of these.
• Oversee the preparation of the Annual Statement of Accounts for independent examination (or audit)
and approval by the Regional Executive Committee and present these at the Annual General Meeting.
• Oversee the process of audit, as appropriate, of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with
the Scouts ‘Policy, Organisation and Rules’.