The Management Committee currently consists of 10 people. It meets on a Tuesday of every second month at 7pm in a meeting room at Biggart Hospital, Prestwick (where the office is located).’
Minute Secretary tasks:
For two-monthly meetings:
• prepare agenda in consultation with Chairperson and email it to Committee members & Manager one week before meeting;
• receive and record apologies;
• take minutes at meeting;
• type minutes and email to Chairperson for checking within one week of meeting;
• email draft minutes to Committee members and Manager within two weeks of meeting;
• at meeting, make any agreed changes to previous minutes and have them signed by Chairperson, then pass to Manager for filing.
• contribute to the organisation of other annual meetings eg AGM, Directors’ annual meeting;
• once a year, ask Manager to book Biggart meeting room for coming 12 months.
Crossroads is a registered charity which has been operating for 37 years in South Ayrshire (although also with a national footprint). We provide a highly needed service in offering a respite service for at home carers. The charity runs with a small office team supported by a team of Care Attendants and over seen by a Management Committee comprising of volunteers who each bring a different set of skills and expertise to aid the operation of the charity.
Our next aim is to raise our profile in South Ayrshire and we would gladly welcome the support of volunteers who would like to share our aim and interest by supporting us, as a volunteer fundraiser.
Ideally the volunteer would have a sales and marketing background, yet it is not mandatory as the sales pitch can be delivered by one of the committee members. The volunteer fundraiser would support by identifying donors, raising the group's profile, writing applications for funding opportunities, organising events, etc.
The group meets on a Tuesday of every second month at 7pm in a meeting room at Biggart Hospital, Prestwick (where the office is located), yet most of the volunteering can easily be done remotely and perhaps meet with the team occasionally as required.
Kindly fill in the contact us form on https://crossroads-sa.org.uk/contact.asp and we will get back to you at our earliest.