The Management Committee currently consists of 10 people. It meets on a Tuesday of every second month at 7pm, currently in a variety of meeting rooms but in future will resume using a meeting room at Biggart Hospital, Prestwick (where the office is located).
Minute Secretary tasks:
For two-monthly meetings:
• prepare agenda in consultation with Chairperson and email it to Committee members & Manager one week before meeting;
• receive and record apologies;
• take minutes at meeting;
• type minutes and email to Chairperson for checking within one week of meeting;
• email draft minutes to Committee members and Manager within two weeks of meeting;
• at meeting, make any agreed changes to previous minutes and have them signed by Chairperson, then pass to Manager for filing.
• contribute to the organisation of other annual meetings eg AGM, Directors’ annual meeting;
• once a year, ask Manager to book Biggart meeting room for coming 12 months.
Crossroads is a registered charity which has been operating for 37 years in South Ayrshire (although also with a national footprint). We provide a highly needed service in offering a respite service for at home carers. The charity runs with a small office team supported by a team of Care Attendants and over seen by a Management Committee comprising of volunteers who each bring a different set of skills and expertise to aid the operation of the charity. We currently require volunteers with backgrounds in IT, HR, secretarial work and fund raising and marketing to help bolster the committee and to assist us going forward. We meet bi-monthly although there are other requirements for help at our various fund raising events. Kindly fill in the contact us form on https://crossroads-sa.org.uk/contact.asp and we will get back to you at our earliest.