Being the local face of the RSPB, you will help us develop our fundraising capacity by placing and maintaining pin badge boxes in your chosen area. All the funds you’ll raise will help give nature a home in Scotland!
· Approaching various sites in your local area and ask them to support the RSPB by hosting a pin badge box in their premises.
· Collecting the donations from your boxes and bank them, once every 4-6 weeks.
· Topping up your boxes with extra pin badges, where necessary.
· Ensuring that pin badge boxes are in a good condition, replace where necessary.
· Using ROBINS, our user-friendly online platform, to record your banked donations.
· No knowledge of birds or wildlife is required - some good communication skills and an ability to liaise with your local community links are more important for this role.
· Numeracy, record-keeping skills and the ability to handle cash efficiently and accurately.
· Basic computer literacy.
· An ability to use your own initiative.
What's in it for you
· An opportunity to develop various skills and boost your CV, such as fundraising, communication, public relations and marketing.
· Full training and support throughout your volunteering.
· Highly flexible role, working around your schedule – to suit your lifestyle.
· Make additional community links and meet new people in your local area.
· Volunteering expenses will be reimbursed.
· Be part of something big – a vast movement working together to help save nature.