Young Scot are looking for young people from across Scotland aged 11-25 inclusive, to be part of their Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Champions Panel.
🎂 11-25 inclusive
📅 From June 2022
🗺️ Anywhere in Scotland
About the Young Scot DEI strategy:
Young Scot continue to be fully committed to achieving diversity, equity and inclusion throughout their organisation. They’re also working harder to become an explicitly anti-racist organisation. They this by taking a close look at their operations and identifying what it is that is contributing to structural discrimination.
The DEI strategic goals are to:
• Create an inclusive working culture, recognising the value of diversity and maintaining a culture where everyone feels valued and respected
• Ensure all services for young people are accessible to all young people, recognising the intersectional diversity of their needs
• Learn from and share best practices in the third sector, demonstrating work to eliminate discrimination, recognise and promote equality and diversity, address inequity and be inclusive in everything
The Young Scot DEI Panel will be a diverse group of young people, co-chaired by two Young Scot Board members. As a panel, you will meet quarterly to ensure that the voices of seldom heard young people lead and support their journey to deliver on their vision. You will:
• Review our DEI Strategy and set out our DEI priorities
• Give expertise and guidance on how we can achieve diversity, equity and inclusion
• Showcase and highlight the needs of seldom heard groups of young people
• Track progress and hold us to account
You will be supported to develop a deeper understanding of DEI and engage other young people from a variety of backgrounds. You don’t need any experience to apply, but it would be great if you had an interest in promoting diversity, equity and inclusion and making the voices of all young people heard.
Young Scot are keen to receive applications from those who are passionate about representing a variety of groups, including but not limited to:
• Black, Asian or Ethnic Minority
• Young Carer
• Care Experience
• Refugee or Asylum Seeker
• Living in a rural area
Spaces available for those who are passionate about championing DEI.