Cornerstone provides care and support to over 2,200 children, young people and adults with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs across Scotland. With over 40 years’ experience we are experts in ensuring people living with disabilities can have the best life possible, with their choices and goals at its heart.
Could you join our caring community and help people in your local area live their best possible life? We need collection can volunteers to promote the wonderful work of Cornerstone locally, and raise vital funds to ensure we can go above and beyond in the care that we provide someone allowing them to be included, and respected in choices about the care they receive, and helping them to stay connected to the people, hobbies and interests that they love most.
Our collection can volunteers are responsible for placing and collecting fundraising cans from a range of sites including cafes, pubs and shops. We also would love your help in identifying new locations where we can place our cans. If you are wanting a role which is more flexible and ad hoc this is perfect for you!
What would I be doing?
• Delivering and collecting cans from a wide range of businesses and community groups locally including checking that they are sealed and labelled correctly
• Identifying suitable locations for collection cans to be placed and placing them in your local community.
• Emptying cans, counting and banking the money
• Keeping an accurate record of the number of cans in circulation, and the funds raised and reporting this back to Cornerstone on a regular basis.
What skills do I need to make a great Collection Can volunteer?
• Align with Cornerstone’s values as a caring, professional, customer-focussed and pioneering individual in your local community.
• Accurate counting skills
• Great organisational and communication skills
• Friendly and passionate about creating positive change for people living with disabilities in Scotland.
• Connections within your local community are desirable but not essential!
How much time will I need to offer?
• This is a flexible volunteer role and you will be responsible for your own time. Ideally, we like cans to be checked, replaced and banked every 3 months.
If you are interested in becoming a Give a Tin a Home Volunteer then please send an email with your details to our Fundraising Team at firstname.lastname@example.org