Would you like to support people who have served in the Armed Forces? You don’t need a military background, just the ability to listen, some basic I.T skills and good written and spoken English.
• Contacting clients and arranging to meet them at a mutually convenient time either face-to-face or remotely
• Liaising with clients and completing a form to assess their circumstances
• Sign-posting clients onto local services providing specialist advice
• Applying on the client’s behalf to military and non-military sources of charitable funding
• Arranging for the purchase of goods and services
• Keeping in touch with the client so they know how their case is progressing
• Keeping in touch with your branch so they know your availability
• Keeping up to date with training and SSAFA news so that you are best able to support clients
• Being a positive ambassador for SSAFA remembering that anyone you meet could be a potential client, volunteer or fundraiser
Could you coordinate local SSAFA services in your area? You don’t need a military background, just basic I.T and admin skills, the ability to get on with people and good written and spoken English. If so we’d love to hear from you.
What would you be doing?
• Managing the branch office (if applicable) and providing support to all volunteers, especially new ones
• Work with the branch Chairperson, treasurer and others to ensure smooth running of the branch
• Accepting referrals and coordinating SSAFA caseworkers, visitors and helpers accordingly
• Oversee all SSAFA casework across the branch ensuring clients get support that is effective and timely
• Monitor volunteer numbers against the demand for support and recruit new volunteers as needed
• Working with the local training officer to ensure all volunteers are kept up to date with the training and information they need
• Build relationships with regional and central office staff to ensure an effective flow of information
• Maintaining accurate records of volunteers and cases, submit accurate data to Central Office
• Providing administration for an annual programme of meetings including an AGM, recording and implementing decisions