Branch Communications Officer responsibilities include:
• Developing the branch communications strategy
• Steer the volunteer communication team
• Writing content for branch emails to members and supporters
• Sharing news from The Women’s Equality Party central office through branch forums
• Staying up to date with WE-related media appearances and campaigns both centrally and locally
• Identifying and sharing content that is likely to be of interest to branch members
• Identifying and sharing content that is related to the core objectives of the Women’s Equality Party
• Developing links with local print and online media
This role is also an active member of the branch officer team and will help develop branch strategy, membership plans and campaigns. All branch officers may interact with the WE central office team and represent the branch on occasion. You’ll be prepared to sign the WE Code of Conduct outlining expectations around confidentiality, data protection and not disqualified from holding public office.
As a Branch Officer you will coordinate events both physically, online and/or using a hybrid of these two meetings. We are looking for someone to fundraise at our events, whether that be using tools like Eventbrite or online donations.
You’ll be able to manage setting up and running events in conjunction with other members of the branch team. You will have the support of our Communication Team. The objective is to raise the profile of the Edinburgh branch and to help promote our message of equality. There will be key events throughout the year which you could take the lead on organising and facilitating (e.g. International Women’s Day).
Having commitment and drive is the key to the success of this role, and we are looking for someone who can manage venues and bookings, produce publicity for the event and keep within a budget. Looking for creative ways of using technology and/or other media would be essential. As fundraising is a key component as it is important that this is built into key planning and facilitating of any of these events.
Crucially, you’ll have the energy and drive to steer the branch towards meeting its objectives, thereby supporting the party nationally to meet its goals.
You will be joining a team including our two Branch Co-Leaders, Data Manager, Treasurer, Policy Development Officer and Communication Team. You will receive guidance and support appropriately to your role.
- As a Branch Officer you’ll be prepared to sign the WE Code of Conduct outlining expectations around confidentiality, data protection and that you’re not disqualified from holding public office or have been declared bankrupt.