Support our exciting community Compass Project and help to transform the naturally-beautiful and historic 4.1 acre former Waldorf School site into a centre demonstrating practical solutions for healthy, sustainable lifestyles.
The project has something for everyone including opportunities to find out and participate in:
• sustainable building practices with conservation of the listed main building & sensitive repurposing of the others – dry-stone wall restoration, stripping back damaged plasterboard ready for refurbishment, sorting building materials and items for re-purposing and upcycling.
• an integrated, creative health & education approach, supported by the natural & built environment – we offer opportunities for volunteers from secondary schools to participate in appropriate outdoor projects onsite.
• sustainable social enterprise projects serving the local community and involving those with learning disabilities – experience circular economy in practice as we start to outlet local organic produce and plants onsite on a donation basis.
• organic/biodynamic land use with nutritious food production, no-dig demonstration allotments, composting, beehives, wild flower meadow and woodland – keen gardeners are always welcome to come and help create a no-dig system from scratch so you never have to weed again! Experienced chain-saw operators can help manage our woodland.
• repair, reuse & recycle practices minimising waste and encouraging sustainability – furniture and other items for upcycling.
-Compass needs you!
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are willing to lend a hand with whatever needs doing. We hold regular Saturday volunteer days where you can enjoy meeting like-minded people working together to make a visible difference to our site after each session. Volunteers tell us it is very satisfying to see how much of a difference their work can make.
Volunteers with specialised skills such as joiners, plumbers and DIY-enthusiasts will be especially welcome as we enter the next phase of our project to strip out the existing buildings ready for refurbishment.
‘Being out in the fresh air with others, seeing changes happening and feeling like I was part of a bigger process. I have also enjoyed meeting others who are enthused about the project. Sense of community, healthy activities. Very friendly co-ordinator and other helpers so feeling of welcome is lovely. I also value the fact that I only manage a couple of hours but this is still appreciated and I don't feel guilty when I feel like my body needs to stop! Beautiful grounds to work in’. – Compass volunteer
‘Such a great sense of satisfaction and wellbeing experienced at the end of 2 hours of hard physical work. This has sparked off an interest in gardening and growing plants at home. And also enjoyed being part of a community and meeting new people each time I come along who are equally enthusiastic about this project’. – Compass volunteer
Everyone is welcome at Compass and we look forward to working with you onsite! You can find out more on our website: www.camphillwellbeing.org.uk/compass or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on volunteering with this exciting project.