Our Kids in Museums Manifesto is a set of simple guidelines for museums, heritage sites and cultural organisations created with children, young people and families. It sets out what they feel makes a heritage site a great place to visit. We update the Manifesto every two years to ensure it reflects what families want from a day out. We would like to set up a family forum consisting of a small group of parent/carers (between 6-10 people) to help us revise these guidelines and ensure we reflect family values.
What does the role involve?
• Attending four or five one-to-two-hour online meetings on Zoom between July 2021-February 2022 at a mutually agreed convenient time (either during weekday evenings or Saturdays during the daytime).
• You might be asked to review brief draft versions of the Manifesto ahead of the meetings.
When can I get involved?
• 28 June 2021: Apply to join the Family Forum.
• July 2021-February 2022: Forum meetings take place.
• January/February 2022: The new Kids in Museums Manifesto will be launched.
What you need to know
• We are looking for parent/carers who can attend at least three of the meetings.
• For these roles, we are looking for families with at least one child under 16 who are enthusiastic about museums being friendly and welcoming to children, young people and families.
• Kids in Museums is committed to creating a diverse group of volunteers and welcomes applications from parents/carers from all ages and backgrounds. You could be a family who has visited a museum regularly before, or someone who doesn’t visit museums but wants them to be more family friendly.
While we welcome applications from families where a parent or carer works in museums or the heritage sector, we will try and balance the range of families we work with for every project.
How to apply
You can apply by filling in the simple online for. Please allow up to two weeks for us to respond to you once you have submitted your application. We will then let you know if we have an opportunity in your preferred role/s and explain the process in more detail.
If you have any more questions about becoming a Family Volunteer, please get in touch by emailing: email@example.com