Ayrshire Cancer Support
Charity registered in Scotland SC016098
We are Ayrshire’s leading cancer charity that provides practical help and emotional support to people in Ayrshire affected by cancer. Whether you’ve just been diagnosed with cancer, having treatment or caring for someone with cancer, we can help.
From providing transport and complementary therapies to offering expert information or to just being there to listen, we’re here for you.
Volunteer drivers are directly involved with transporting cancer patients to and from various hospitals locally and in Greater Glasgow for treatment, using their own vehicles.
Head of Service Support
• To contact patients the day/early evening before they travel; this alleviates any stress they may have about getting to hospital for treatment.
• Familiarise yourself with the Volunteer Driver Induction pack.
• Adhere to the policies and procedures of ACS.
• Undertake training relevant to the role.
• Contact ACS as soon as possible if you are unable to attend as agreed.
• The ability to be supportive, non-judgemental and accepting of others.
• Warmth, sensitivity and a willingness to listen.
• Patience and understanding.
• Enjoy interacting with people.
• Willingness to get involved.
• An understanding of the importance of a regular commitment.
Ayrshire Cancer Support exists to ensure that help is readily available for those who need it. In line with this mission Ayrshire Cancer Support seeks to involve volunteers to: ensure our services meet the needs of our clients; provide new skills and perspectives and increase our contact with the local community we serve. We currently need event volunteers. As part of our fundraising and promotion of Ayrshire Cancer Support we frequently organise events and we wouldn't be able to ensure the smooth running of these events without the help and support of volunteers.
What will you be doing?
- Meet and greet
- Help in the setting up and clearing down of the event
- Cheering and supporting participants
- Help with the administration and managing of the event
- Supporting the organisers
- Volunteering at information stands to raise awareness of our services
- Selling of raffle tickets/ bucket collecting
Responsibilities may vary between projects but we will match a task to your area of interest or expertise.
Volunteering gives you the opportunity to meet new people, use your free time in a useful way, add to your CV and help others. You don’t need any special skills for most opportunities, just to be keen and have a willingness to get involved.
Ayrshire Cancer Support exists to ensure that help is readily available for those who need it. In line with this mission Ayrshire Cancer Support seeks to involve volunteers to: ensure our services meet the needs of our clients; provide new skills and perspectives and increase our contact with the local community we serve. We need volunteers to assist in our Ayrshire Cancer Support Shop for Good.
Serving members of the public as Cashier on the shop till.
Sorting and grading stock, hanging, sizing and tagging clothes for display.
Dusting, hoovering, polishing and cleaning.
Replenishing stock in the shop.
Safe storage of goods.
Pricing and displaying stock
We could not continue without our volunteers. You can volunteer as little or as much time as suits you.
If you are interested in helping out at the shop, contact us on 01563 538008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering gives you the opportunity to meet new people, use your free time in a useful way, add to your CV and help others.