Food Train Connects provides a one to one grocery shopping services for older people who are no longer able to manage independently, through age, ill health, frailty or disability.
Becoming a Food Train Connects Shopping Friend is rewarding and it makes a huge difference to people’s lives. It’s amazing the impact that regular support with grocery shopping can have on someone who is isolated or lonely. If you want to make sure that an older person is able to live well in their own home this is a great opportunity to do so.
Collect an older person from their home on agreed date and time to take them for their grocery shopping.
· Support them as they do their grocery shop and transport them back to their home, helping unpack shopping if required.
· To report back to Food Train Connects team and complete all required documentation after each trip.
· To report any matters of concern to Food Train staff
· To inform Food Train Staff of any accidents, incidents or complaints
· To maintain confidentiality
· To represent Food Train in a professional manner to customers and the wider community