MorphFit Gentle Movement Project Ltd (SL)
MorphFit Gentle Movement Project Ltd a range of gentle movements and lifestyle interventions that will help the elderly and all populations experiencing acknowledged health issues to maintain and/or improve their general well-being, physical and mental health. Sessions are either delivered in an appropriate environment or via digital platform.
• Safely transport clients as directed by the MorphFit Gentle Movement Project
• Provide a friendly and caring conversation along the way
• Ensure that all passengers are wearing their seatbelt and abiding safety procedures
• Report any wellbeing, health or safety concerns regarding a passenger
• Inform MorphFit Gentle Movement Project of availability
• Respect confidentiality
• Immediately report incidences, accidents to MorphFit
We prefer a commitment of an average of 2 hours per week Requirements
• A current, valid and clean driver’s license
• Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (cost reimbursed after 2 months and 16 hours of driving)
• A registered, insured and inspected vehicle
• Good verbal communication skills
• Compassionate and understanding of the diverse situations and life experiences of our clients
Meet, Move & Learn is a community action project which seeks to improve the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of special population groups across South Lanarkshire. To achieve this, MorphFit will provide a hub for socialising, learning and activity.
Through this fully funded drop-in service, attendees will have the opportunity to build friendships, take part in fun and creative activities, learn about meal planning on a budget and the importance of nutrition. We also include exercise and mindfulness.
Our goal is to ensure that a healthy life is attainable for all even in the challenging circumstances of the current climate.
Purpose of the Role
- To assist our Activities Coordinator throughout Meet, Move & Learn sessions.
- To provide company, support and encouragement to people accessing the service.
- Complement the services of the MorphFit Gentle Movement Project.
To support and assist in the running of the Morphfit Gentle Movement classes. Duties include:
- Arriving early and setting up chairs and equipment
- Ensuring clients have signed the class register
- Monitoring client’s fitness exertion levels
- Providing water to clients during the class
- Actively taking part in the fitness class and conversing with clients
-To encourage and congratulate clients on their successes
- Cleaning up and reorganising the room after classes
Good organisational skills and timekeeping are required for the classes to be ready for clients in advance of their arrival.
The ability to converse with clients and provide encouragement.
Good observational skills to monitor clients exertion levels to ensure everyone is taking part safely.
Most importantly, the ability to take part and have fun with our clients to ensure a positive and progressive environment.
Full training and support will be provided to ensure that you are comfortable in the role. You will also always have the support of a class instructor who will be leading the exercise class
Through this position volunteers can expect to build their confidence and planning skills. Building lasting and meaningful relationships with our clients and monitoring their progress. Taking pride in their work knowing that their effort greatly improves the lives of our clients.
The experience gained can also lead to further opportunities in the health and fitness industry.