As a volunteer driver you will safely transport qualified clients to their scheduled MorphFit Gentle Movement sessions and return them home.
• Safely transport clients as directed by the MorphFit Gentle Movement Project
• Provide a friendly and caring conversation along the way
• Ensure that all passengers are wearing their seatbelt and abiding safety procedures
• Report any wellbeing, health or safety concerns regarding a passenger
• Inform MorphFit Gentle Movement Project of availability
• Respect confidentiality
• Immediately report incidences, accidents to MorphFit
We prefer a commitment of an average of 2 hours per week
• A current, valid and clean driver’s license
• Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (cost reimbursed after 2 months and 16 hours of driving)
• A registered, insured and inspected vehicle
• Good verbal communication skills
• Compassionate and understanding of the diverse situations and life experiences of our clients
Meet, Move & Learn is a community action project which seeks to improve the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of special population groups across South Lanarkshire. To achieve this, MorphFit will provide a hub for socialising, learning and activity.
Through this fully funded drop-in service, attendees will have the opportunity to build friendships, take part in fun and creative activities, learn about meal planning on a budget and the importance of nutrition. We also include exercise and mindfulness.
Our goal is to ensure that a healthy life is attainable for all even in the challenging circumstances of the current climate.
Purpose of the Role
- To assist our Activities Coordinator throughout Meet, Move & Learn sessions.
- To provide company, support and encouragement to people accessing the service.
- Complement the services of the MorphFit Gentle Movement Project.