South Ayrshire Community Transport
Charity registered in Scotland
Do you have an interest in cycling?
Would you like to spend time running an e-bike project?
Would you like to get experience in e-bike maintenance?
Volunteer with us, by supporting our cycling project in Maybole. Responsibilities might include:
- helping out during cycling events
- dispatching bikes from the Carrick Centre, Maybole and/or Kirkmichael
- picking up bikes from different localities around the North Carrick area
- cleaning and up keeping of e-bikes after and before rentals
- communicating with people hiring e-bikes
- give a short demonstration/explanation of using an e-bike before rental
Share your passion and knowledge of social media to promote the activities of our charity - the South Ayrshire Community Transport.
What can you expect to be doing? You will be:
- promoting the work of SACT through various social media channels, for example, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- gathering information locally about activities happening and any other updates
- writing and creating social media content, ensuring it complies with policies and guidelines
- scheduling and posting social media content
- monitoring activity and responding to comments on social media channels
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge, and make a significant contribution to improving alternative transport initiatives through social media. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A passion for social media and experience of using social media channels regularly
- Knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of using social media
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
This role is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
South Ayrshire Community Transport was established in 2016 to enhance social inclusion. We currently operate 16 vehicles from electric cars to minibuses.
We are looking for a Trustee to join our Board of Management. Tasks will include:
- Ensuring that SACT complies with its memorandum and articles, and all relevant legislation and regulations
- Ensuring that SACT pursues its objectives and uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects
- To actively contribute to the Board by giving firm direction to SACT, setting policies, agreeing goals and targets and monitoring performance
- To safeguard the good name and values of SACT
- To monitor financial stability along with the effective and efficient administration of SACT
- To oversee the protection and management of SACT and to ensure the proper investment of the organisation's funds
In addition to the above statutory duties each trustee will be required to use their skills and experience to help the Board of Management reach sound decisions including scrutinising board papers, leading discussions and focussing on key issues.