Carrick Rugby Club
Charity registered in Scotland SC050725
Carrick Rugby is a community based club offering access to rugby to everyone in North and South Carrick. We aim to provide opportunities to participate in rugby for people of all ages from our vibrant micro mini section, ages 5 to 12, through our midis 12 to 18 years and into our senior squad 18. We focus on partnership working within our community and working to provide our communities with a welcoming atmosphere and high quality coaching and playing opportunities as well as a great opportunity for social activities.
Can you support Carrick Rugby? Do you enjoy hosting parties or small events? Are you a creative person and can multitask to create positive experiences for guests? You might like to volunteer with us as event organisers.
You could be doing the following duties:
- Researching target audiences to find significant occasions.
- Creating and maintaining a budget for the client.
- Searching for, booking and organizing adequate locations to host events.
- Designing event layouts and agendas, including creating pamphlets or event guides.
- Marketing events through advertisements and working with PR professionals.
- Training staff or volunteers
- Overseeing operations during events and ensuring proper cleanup after it ends
- Communicating with vendors to provide suitable resources for the event, including sound and electric equipment, security or stages.
Can you support Carrick Rugby? Do you enjoy spending time with a rugby team and report writing? We need volunteer match reporters and it would be the perfect volunteering opportunity for you.
Reporter responsibilities include:
- collecting and verifying newsworthy information
- assembling information into a stable story
- writing and delivering news stories with the readers' perspective in mind
- accompany the youth and senior teams during the tournament (matches, activities and events) and report
Can you support Carrick Rugby? Do you enjoy spending time with a rugby team and trained as a physio/therapist assistant?
Sports physiotherapy plays an integral role when it comes to common rugby injuries. Treatment does not only involve basic therapy because sports physiotherapy aims to fully rehabilitate the player after an injury and to also find ways to prevent aggravating previous injuries and come up with a helpful plan to avoid further injuries. We need volunteers to assist our rugby players to help them prevent, manage and rehabilitate injuries.
As we cover the whole of Carrick (North and South) transport is a huge issue and cost for the club. Could you help us by driving SACT or Community minibuses?
This will allow us to offer transport links to rural areas and give young people in these areas the opportunity to participate in our fantastic sport and committed community club.
For this role full membership of the PVG scheme is mandatory but we can organise that free of charge. You will be fully supported by our club committee, volunteers and players.
The time commitment for coaching is generally approx. 5 hours per week including 1 weekday evening and either Saturday or Sunday mornings during term time, you will primarily be associated with one year group.
Contact us on email@example.com please mark Volunteering in the subject line and have a look at our Facebook pages to see what our amazing volunteers support: @carrickrugby and @ Carrick Micro/minis
Please note: only drivers between the ages of 25 and 75 with two full years of driving experience and who have or are willing to complete MiDAS training within 12 months will be permitted to drive the minibuses. Over the age of 70, drivers must have completed a PCV medical in order to continue driving any minibus.