Hourglass are enhancing our community-led services, and we’re therefore looking for volunteers to deliver frontline support to older people. Our volunteers provide a range of support to help those who have experienced abuse or exploitation, as well as any older person who may be at risk. You’ll provide immediate advice and support to older people and those concerned about them, as well proactively helping keep older people safe from harm. During the lockdown, our volunteers are continuing to provide support to older people remotely, but we will resume in-person support when possible.
We are developing a range of services and activities to promote safer ageing and stop abuse; incorporating prevention, recovery and resilience, interest-based groups, social events, one-to-one support, and more. Volunteering roles include:
· Providing one-to-one support to an older person in their own home, a community setting or over the phone
· Hosting or assisting with coffee mornings or social events
· Facilitating or assisting interest groups (e.g. crafts, photography, story-telling, local history, etc) Groups will be flexible according to your own interests/skills
· Raising awareness of the work of Hourglass & issues relating to safer ageing and the abuse of older people
· Hosting information stands or pop-up clinics at community venues and events
Information and application form available to download at http://bitly.ws/9AIn.