Receive customers. Answer questions and help with purchases. Sell goods using electronic till
Pack and post mail orders. Collect goods for orders/sales. Help process returned sales
Assist in stock-taking. Report low stock levels. Assist in pricing, storing and displaying products.
Filing, photocopying and responding to phone calls
Help securely open and shut premises. Prepare shop for trading. Rubbish collection. Washing crockery. Minor local errands.
• Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop.
• Advising and helping people as they shop.
• Operating the till (optional)
• Answering customer enquiries.
• Keeping an eye on the security of the shop.
• Receiving / processing / sorting / displaying stock to generate sales (including placing clothes on hangers, arranging bric-a-brac etc.).
• Distribute ‘Thank you’ letters to those donating goods to the shop
• Liaise with Shop Supervisor on tasks for the day and follow Supervisor’s requests
• Keep the shop tidy and hazard free, be mindful of floor space
• Be observant, friendly, pleasant and helpful to others
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
Interested please call Tom or Alan on: 01292 265304
We’re a new charity set up to help with the rescue and rehoming of cats. Our main aim is to build our own centre to do this and our whole team are committed to the care and welfare of cats. We work with other small charities to achieve this and our shop is raising funds to allow us to do this whilst helping rehome cats.
Our volunteers work in teams of two at all times in the shop. Serving the public, maintaining stock on shop floor, sorting donations handed into us at shop, keeping shop clean and neat at all times,
We do an induction at the shop with every volunteer, find suitable buddy for them, show how to sort donations ie separate, store and trash. They, if needed, will also be taught to operate the till.
Our morningshift is 10-1 and afternoon is 1-4.
We also need volunteer with a driving licence as we sometimes area asked to collect/deliver things from and to customer. Costs would be reimbursed
Able to work with other people, Pleasant, friendly and confident attitude would be advantageous for serving the public and being first point of contact with our charity.
Due to handling money and serving public we would ask for the volunteers to be over 18. Due to size of premises at the moment we can’t take someone in a wheelchair. Hopefully in the future
We are particularly looking for volunteers to help on the tills and with tagging at present (July 2018). The work involved is varied - you can be manning the till, greeting customers, tidying shelves, sizing stock, working in the stock room processing stock or if you have a flair for display you could be dressing the models in the window. If you enjoy getting out and about and have your own transport you could collect donations from houses in the local community. We are flexible and aim to help our volunteers find a role they enjoy.