As a Volunteer Collection box Coordinator you will support the charity to raise awareness and funds by placing and managing collection boxes within businesses in your local community.
Role Description :
Specific tasks may include:
• Placing charity collection boxes in shops, pubs, chemists, doctor’s surgeries etc in your area.
• Making follow up visits to businesses where boxes have been placed to empty contents and reseal boxes for
• Counting and receipting contents of each box emptied.
• Maintaining accurate records of venues holding boxes and how much each collection box placed raises – you will be provided with a spreadsheet to facilitate this.
• Ensuring boxes are clean and in good condition and replacing where needed.
• Banking income and providing detailed report of income to Regional Development Manager within agreed
Skills and Experience required:
• Enthusiasm and commitment to supporting the work of MDUK.
• To maintain and uphold the reputation and good name of the charity.
• To listen to, and work co-operatively with paid members of staff and other volunteers – treating all with
courtesy and respect.
• To take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts
• To support the charity’s equal opportunities and diversity policy – helping to promote this to all our
• To provide us with feedback on how we can improve your volunteering experience with the charity.
• To inform us if your commitment to us, for any reason, can no longer continue.
• Have a welcoming, friendly manner.
• Good organisation skills and ability to maintain records.
• Initiative in order to recognise opportunities to place boxes.
• Have good written English and basic computer skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Can volunteer flexible hours.
• The ability to work well with staff and other volunteers as part of a team but also able to work on your own
• Have good money managing skills.
Muscular Dystrophy UK’s the leading charity for over 60 muscle wasting and weakening conditions. For over 60 years, we’ve been building our community of individuals living with muscle-wasting or weakening conditions, families and carers, scientists, health professionals, supporters, volunteers and donors. Making advances that would have been unthinkable just ten years ago. • We share expert advice and support people to live well now. • We fund groundbreaking research to understand the different conditions better and lead us to new treatments. • We work with the NHS towards universal access to specialist healthcare. • Together, we campaign for people’s rights, better understanding, accessibility, and access to treatments.
Access to car/able to drive to pick up/drop off collection tins
Minimum age: 18
Expenses paid: Yes
Expenses details: Cover mileage and any other expenses agreed with the Regional Development Manager.
Taster available: Yes
Training details: All volunteers are required to complete GDPR and safeguarding training. We will also discuss other potential fundraising.