To help support adults living in the Scottish Borders who have a recognised neurological condition.
• Offer telephone support to people with a neurological condition, who are experiencing
isolation and loneliness.
• Meet service users at DCF groups and activities, to offer a familiar face and support as
they come into an unknown environment.
• Taking the time to listen, and provide support, guidance, and encouragement.
• This role will be carried out predominantly virtually over the phone (i.e. carrying out
weekly phone calls), or meeting service users in the office, or at a local group.
Time commitment - minimum of 2 hours per week.
To assist in the rehabilitation of those suffering from Brain Injuries across the length and breadth of the Scottish Borders. We aim to inform, advice and support to enable Service Users to rebuild their lives, be independent and integrate back into society. Most of our work is carried out on a 1-1 basis but we also offer support groups across the Scottish Borders.
• All volunteers will be expected to complete a Scottish Disclosure Check/PVG
Experience required: • Reliable and dependable • Sociable and approachable • Compassionate and empathetic toward the needs of the Service Users • Able to work as part of a small team • Flexible
Travel details: Dynamic Community Fusion's office, Roxburgh House, Roxburgh Street, Galashiels, Scottish Borders
Named Contact For Volunteer