A key component of our work and the work of local network coordinators is to bring people together from all organisations to exchange information and share good practice, create and maintain new partnerships and, strengthen communities.
GWT plan to develop existing networks and create new networks in a variety of areas across Scotland providing a point of contact for every individual and organisation that wish to be involved in intergenerational projects and activities.
• Plan, support and develop 2-4 local network meetings each year for existing and potential members inviting the National Development Officer along
• Attend volunteer coordinators’ meetings (2 -3 per year - possibly in Glasgow)
Other tasks that might be undertaken by volunteer co-ordinators (if they have the capacity) as appropriate in discussion with GWT:
• Provide GWT with any new case studies or project updates for the website
• Assist GWT to promote and market training opportunities and events throughout local area
• Extend the membership currently held within local area
• Assist the GWT team in ensuring all local projects complete an online profile template.
• Raising profile regarding the benefits of intergenerational practice
• Disseminate information about ‘Generations Working Together’ widely in the local network area, with marketing provided by GWT
• Liaise with Generations Working Together in terms of local activity
• Identify levels of support from a variety of organisations which may include o Free meeting rooms o Council resources o Admin resources
The organisation's purposes are the promotion of intergenerational relationships to further the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability or other disadvantage. The promotion of equality and diversity The advancement of citizenship and community development
Experience required: • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good IT and admin skills
• An interest in intergenerational work
• Experience of project work in local community
• Good organisational skills
Expenses details: Expenses
Generations Working Together will pay reasonable expenses as we appreciate how expensive it can be for coordinators to travel and attend GWT meetings/ training and events.