We all need to stay at home to protect ourselves and others. However, those who are well and not at risk can provide essential support for their family, friends and neighbours who cannot leave the house.
Please note, organisations are currently experiencing a large volume of enquiries from people looking to help out. They may not always be able to meet this demand so please be patient, you may not receive a quick response or be assigned to a role.
• Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop.
• Advising and helping people as they shop.
• Operating the till (optional)
• Answering customer enquiries.
• Keeping an eye on the security of the shop.
• Receiving / processing / sorting / displaying stock to generate sales (including placing clothes on hangers, arranging bric-a-brac etc.).
• Distribute ‘Thank you’ letters to those donating goods to the shop
• Liaise with Shop Supervisor on tasks for the day and follow Supervisor’s requests
• Keep the shop tidy and hazard free, be mindful of floor space
• Be observant, friendly, pleasant and helpful to others
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
Interested please call Julie or Alan on: 01292 265304
Experience required: We are looking for passionate volunteers who are enthusiastic about the work of Age Concern Ayr. You will have good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with people and work as part of a team. Basic numeracy skills will also be of benefit.
Travel details: Venue: Charity Shop, 5 Crown Street, AYR, KA8 8BY Nearest Public Transport: Main Street Bus Stop
Minimum age: 16
Taster available: Yes
Training details: Training identified on an individual basis according to needs analysis.