A group volunteer is an adult volunteer who, after a period of training, will provide support for a socially isolated young person aged between 8 and 18, living in South Ayrshire at Project group outings, usually held once a month. Travelling expenses will be reimbursed by the Project.
• To participate where possible in monthly group outings
• Be able to travel independently by walking, public transport or car
• To feedback to Coordinators regularly, through review meetings, and maintain effective communication with the Project
• To be aware of and follow the Project’s policies and procedures
• To be able to commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months
To be accepted for training, the volunteer must be able to supply two references and also become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme (The Project will support the volunteer in completing the form and cover any costs incurred).
Experience required: Good communicator and non-judgemental. Respecting of people’s differences and an understanding or awareness of some issues faced by young people. To be able to focus on the needs of the young person and participate in a broad range of activities.
Travel details: Various locations throughout South Ayrshire
Minimum age: 18
Expenses paid: Yes
Expenses details: appropriate costs will be reimbursed
Training details: • Newly accepted volunteers receive 12 hours training flexible to meet volunteer needs. Thereafter volunteer sessions are offered on a monthly basis and comprise of a mixture of training, information and social events.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer,
Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet