We all need to stay at home to protect ourselves and others. However, those who are well and not at risk can provide essential support for their family, friends and neighbours who cannot leave the house.
Please note, organisations are currently experiencing a large volume of enquiries from people looking to help out. They may not always be able to meet this demand so please be patient, you may not receive a quick response or be assigned to a role.
• Identifying and placing collecting boxes in suitable locations
• Talking to the shop owner, receptionist etc at the location about how the boxes will help Guide Dogs and what we do
• Empting boxes every 3-6 months (as they get full) and banking the income through the paying in book provided. Give a receipt and letter of thanks to the hosts
• Keeping a written record of the location of all boxes for your supervisor, the dates they are emptied and the dates/amounts banked
• If boxes aren’t collecting much, you’ll decide to move them to a better location. Your supervisor may also ask you to remove boxes
• Reporting any stolen boxes to the local Mobility Team
• Spotting the potential for further fundraising amongst the box holders for Community Fundraiser
Experience required: Willingness to talk to people about Guide Dogs. Good communication and organisational skills. Team working when working with a local fundraising group or others.
Travel details: Local to you – discuss where you live with your supervisor. There may be a local fundraising group for you to work alongside. Urgent for the Helensburgh Area
Minimum age: 18
Expenses paid: Yes
Expenses details: Payment of out of pocket expenses agreed in advance
Training details: Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer