We currently have around 50 shops/ community hubs across Scotland. Our shops and hubs help us raise funds so we can provide our services to the people who need us. Every one of our stores relies on a team of volunteers to help run it and support our staff.
About the role:
Since the outbreak of Covid 19 the government has set out guidelines for retail to ensure all our staff, customers and volunteers are safe. This volunteer role will help make this possible by doing the following:
• Meeting and greeting customers at the entrance of the shop
• Managing a socially distanced queuing system
• Advising customers of the COVID19 procedures we have in place in the shop, including hand sanitising and social distancing.
• Accepting donations and completing gift aid applications
• Helping with the ongoing good hygiene procedures of the shop
To encourage those who have had a stroke, particularly those with communication problems, to regain maximum independance in the community, enhance their quality of life, build up confidence and widen social horizons. Also, to encourage and support their families and carers.
Experience required: Have a good understanding of the Scottish Government advice to keep yourself and others safe (further training in store procedures will be provided).
Have a confident, friendly outgoing nature.
Enjoy meeting and engaging with new people.
Enjoy working in a team including the store manager and other volunteers.
Travel details: CHSS, High Street, Hawick
Training details: Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland will support you in this role providing:
• Regular contact with your store manager, who will be available for support and to answer questions
• Induction to the role, specific to your circumstances
• Training in ‘Roles, Responsibilities and Boundaries’
• Online manual handling training
• Gift Aid training
• PPE will be provided – mask covering, gloves and hand sanitiser
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer