You could be front of house, serving customers and keeping the shop floor tidy and fresh, or organising stock behind the scenes. We ask for as little or as much time as you can give, as often or as occasionally as you feel able.
• Welcome clients to the foodbank centre
• Make refreshments and tidy up as required during the session
• Offer a listening ear and signpost clients, as required, to further support, using information from the signposting
• Ensure that clients sign the packing list when they are given their food items and that all vouchers and packing lists are
stored securely within the bounds of data protection
• Check stock for imminent ‘best before’ dates, place out-of-date food in appropriate box in store room for disposal and
record the action
• Wear a name badge/ID during the session
• Work under the guidance of the Chair and report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to them.
We are looking for all kinds of volunteers to join our team, full training in all areas is provided, and there are many different roles such as till operators, back shop assistants even online sales assistants. If you have certain areas of interest i.e.; books or music or even just want to get out the house and meet some new people and help us do some good please get in touch
We are looking for people to volunteer in Huntly Foodbank Centre where we provide emergency food parcel to individuals and families who are referred to us. There are different areas you can help in where you feel most comfortable.
1) If you enjoy coming a long side people and making them feel welcomed and relaxed by offering them tea and coffee then this is one area to help out in.
2) Packing the food parcel for our clients who need support.
3) Checking the dates on our food and stocking the shelves.
(2 & 3 can require heavy lifting so able bodied required) or you can help in all 3 areas if you like.
R:evolve clothing shops are not just your average charity shop; they are unique second-hand boutiques with a West End feel without the West End price tag.
R:evolve are funded by the Climate Challenge Fund to encourage people to think differently about the impact fashion has on the environment and asks their customers to use R:evolve to swap their clothes instead of buying something new. They are looking for volunteers to join their organisation as Swap Shop Assistants - helping their customers swap their unwanted clothes for some pre-loved items that they would like instead. Tasks include: welcoming customers, recording incoming/outgoing items, sorting/steaming clothes, displaying stock and promoting the services locally. If you are looking to give something to your community, gain work experience, meet new people, or are interested in fashion or the environment, then why not get in touch?