We all need to stay at home to protect ourselves and others. However, those who are well and not at risk can provide essential support for their family, friends and neighbours who cannot leave the house.
Please note, organisations are currently experiencing a large volume of enquiries from people looking to help out. They may not always be able to meet this demand so please be patient, you may not receive a quick response or be assigned to a role.
• Welcome clients to the foodbank centre
• Make refreshments and tidy up as required during the session
• Offer a listening ear and signpost clients, as required, to further support, using information from the signposting
• Ensure that clients sign the packing list when they are given their food items and that all vouchers and packing lists are
stored securely within the bounds of data protection
• Check stock for imminent ‘best before’ dates, place out-of-date food in appropriate box in store room for disposal and
record the action
• Wear a name badge/ID during the session
• Work under the guidance of the Chair and report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to them.
To provide a local foodbank for people in the Uists and Barra providing both fresh and non-perishable food and non-food items.
Minimum age: 18