Supporting service users with learning disabilities in the workshop, in a supported environment. Activities would include
• Bench Making, Sanding and Varnishing.
• Furniture restoration, sanding and painting.
• Re-organising workshop whole area for access to garage for cleaning/washing vehicles and fixing bikes etc.
• Making defined work stations throughout the workshop area so that clients can come in and work with minimum supervision currently this involves a station for a service user recycling cardboard and another one for making jigsaw puzzles for service users who are not able to sand or varnish.
• Re-organising of old materials in the workshop and loose materials outside of the back of the workshop so that anything we cannot use can be recycled and old wood that can be used for project work can be re-arranged and stored in the workshop safely.
• Painting, varnishing and recycling furniture for sale or raffle.
• A variety of woodwork and craftwork from large benches to small table top craft projects taking place.
• Birdhouses/Coffee tables for sale for gardens either by kit or from design using re-claimed wood.
Enhanced Discloseure required - can be completed through organisation
To provide daycare for adults with special needs
Experience required: A knowledge or interest in woodwork and crafts
Minimum age: 18
Taster available: Yes