ITo place our iconic boxes locally as part of their daily life and every few months tally up the funds before paying them in to Guide Dogs
What does the role involve?
• Identifying and placing collecting boxes in suitable locations
• Talking to the shop owner, receptionist etc. at the location about how the boxes will help Guide Dogs and what we do
• Empting boxes every 3-6 months (as they get full) and banking the income through the paying in book provided. Give a receipt and letter of thanks to the hosts
• Keeping a written record of the location of all boxes for your supervisor, the dates they are emptied and the dates/amounts banked
• If boxes aren’t collecting much, you’ll decide to move them to a better location. Your supervisor may also ask you to remove boxes
• Reporting any stolen boxes to the local Mobility Team
• Spotting the potential for further fundraising amongst the box holders for Community Fundraiser
What will I get out of it?
• Support us to enable more blind and partially-sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else
• An opportunity to build experience for your CV
To provide guide dogs and other rehabilitation services that meets the needs of the blind and partially sighted people. Guide dogs want a world in which all people who are blind and partially sighted to enjoy the same rights, opportunities and responsibilities as everyone else
Minimum Age 16
Experience required: • Regular and ongoing support from Guide Dogs What skills or experience are required? • Willingness to talk to people about Guide Dogs • Good communication and organisational skills Team working when working with a local fundra • Payment of out of pocket expenses agreed in advance Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role This time commitment for role is flexible, and would include spotting opportunities to place boxes during your daily activities
Minimum age: 16
Training details: What skills or experience are required?
• Willingness to talk to people about Guide Dogs
• Good communication and organisational skills
Team working when working with a local fundraising group or others
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer,
Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet