Aberdeen Climate Action is an organisation ran by volunteers passionate about raising awareness of climate change, its causes and encouraging positive action to reduce carbon emissions and create a sustainable lifestyle. We are looking for others to join our small organisation and help us in our valuable work in the North East. We organise Climate Week, North East, which is a week of events put on by a collaboration of organisations throughout the city and shire. We need help organising this and our regular climate conversation café’s, and one off events, talks etc. There is scope for people to contribute their talents in the area they feel most confident with general volunteer roles, alongside more specialist ones. It is crucial role in our organisation but can be done by more than one person if it’s more than you want to do alone! If you’re interested just come along to our meetings and you can meet us all and see for yourself.
Can include assisting with tasks such as:
• Organise meetings
• Attend meetings and take minutes and circulate them
• Deal with email queries in relation to ACA generally and climate week and be able to pass on emails to relevant people.
• Chase up action points from meetings and ensure people are doing what is needed
• Create working documents and ensure information is inputted i.e. Climate Week events spreadsheet.
• Research in relevant areas i.e. to find new partners for Climate Week or new businesses/ services for Sustainability Portal etc.
• Help organise ACA climate week events by speaking to relevant venues and gaining speakers for events etc.
• Remind Chair of action points
• Help with ACA projects by
• Researching potential funding avenues and passing info onto funding team
• Being a conduit for relevant information to and from the group.
A fantastic opportunity to help and make a real difference. For more details please contact: Alison Stuart (Director and Chair) email: email@example.com / Tel: 07779279583.
Aberdeen Climate Action is an organisation run by volunteers passionate about raising awareness of climate change, its causes and encouraging positive action to reduce carbon emissions and create a sustainable lifestyle.
Experience required: An interest in the environment and mitigating climate change.
Travel details: ACA is an Aberdeen based group. The volunteer would attend our meetings but then would be working from home. The meetings happen in Aberdeen City Centre one to twice a month.
Training details: The volunteer will be shown the ropes by the Chair and rest of ACA group and become part of the organisation. They will be given material to read about Climate Change, if necessary, to get them up to speed. The volunteer will have a mentor, who will be on hand to give support, advice and assistance, as needed.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer,
Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet