We all need to stay at home to protect ourselves and others. However, those who are well and not at risk can provide essential support for their family, friends and neighbours who cannot leave the house.
Please note, organisations are currently experiencing a large volume of enquiries from people looking to help out. They may not always be able to meet this demand so please be patient, you may not receive a quick response or be assigned to a role.
Aberdeen Climate Action is an organisation run by volunteers passionate about raising awareness of climate change, its causes and encouraging positive action to reduce carbon emissions and create a sustainable lifestyle. We are looking for others to join our small organisation and help us in our valuable work in the North East. We organise Climate Week, North East, which is a week of events put on by a collaboration of organisations throughout the city and shire. We need help organising this and our regular climate conversation café’s, and one off events, talks etc. There is scope for people to contribute their talents in the area they feel most confident with general volunteer roles, alongside more specialist ones.
Tasks can include:
• Organise CWNE meetings and sub meetings
• Attend meetings and take minutes and circulate them
• Deal with email queries re climate week and create links with relevant organisations.
• Chase up action points from meetings and ensure people are doing what is needed
• Keep an eye on progress and encourage tasks to be completed by deadlines
• Coordinate publicity of CWNE events
• Help with publicity as required
• Organise creation of posters, flyers, brochures for CWNE events
• Create working documents and ensure information is inputted i.e. Climate Week events spreadsheet.
• Research in relevant areas i.e. to find new partners for Climate Week
• Remind Chair of action points
• Researching potential funding avenues for CWNE events and organisation and pass info onto funding team
• Be main point of contact and a conduit for relevant information to and from the CWNE Steering Group
It is crucial role in our organisation but can be done by more than one person if it’s more than you want to do alone! If you’re interested just come along to our meetings and you can meet us all and see for yourself. Contact us for more details.
A fantastic opportunity to help and make a real difference. For more details please contact: Alison Stuart (Director and Chair) email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 07779279583.
Aberdeen Climate Action is an organisation run by volunteers passionate about raising awareness of climate change, its causes and encouraging positive action to reduce carbon emissions and create a sustainable lifestyle.
Experience required: An interest in the environment and mitigating climate change.
Travel details: ACA is an Aberdeen based group. The volunteer would attend our meetings but then would be working from home. The meetings happen in Aberdeen City Centre one to twice a month.
Training details: The volunteer will be shown the ropes by the Chair and rest of ACA group and become part of the organisation. They will be given material to read about Climate Change, if necessary, to get them up to speed. The volunteer will have a mentor, who will be on hand to give support, advice and assistance, as needed.
Support: Named Contact For Volunteer,
Wheelchair Access/Disabled Access Toilet