We all need to stay at home to protect ourselves and others. However, those who are well and not at risk can provide essential support for their family, friends and neighbours who cannot leave the house.
Please note, organisations are currently experiencing a large volume of enquiries from people looking to help out. They may not always be able to meet this demand so please be patient, you may not receive a quick response or be assigned to a role.
• Receive food donations from members of the public and thank them
• Ensure that incoming stock is checked, weighed, and recorded
• Sort food by date and type, removing any items that are damaged or out-of-
• Ensure that food is checked weekly and rotated as required
• Notify the Chair or other member of the steering committee when food stock is low so that appeals
can be made for these items
• Keep store area clean and tidy at all times
• Prepare stock orders for the foodbank centre and/or emergency food boxes, as appropriate
• Report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to the Chair
To provide a local foodbank for people in the Uists and Barra providing both fresh and non-perishable food and non-food items.
Minimum age: 18