• Receive food donations from members of the public and thank them
• Ensure that incoming stock is checked, weighed, and recorded
• Sort food by date and type, removing any items that are damaged or out-of-
• Ensure that food is checked weekly and rotated as required
• Notify the Chair or other member of the steering committee when food stock is low so that appeals
can be made for these items
• Keep store area clean and tidy at all times
• Prepare stock orders for the foodbank centre and/or emergency food boxes, as appropriate
• Report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to the Chair
To provide a local foodbank for people in the Uists and Barra providing both fresh and non-perishable food and non-food items.
Experience required: Friendly person. Confidential person.
Minimum age: 16