The Ayrshire Rivers Trust is made up of a team of dedicated Ayrshire based biologists, ecologists and environmental managers working to improve our rivers and lochs.
What you might be doing as a volunteer?
- There may be availability to take part in electrofishing surveys during summer months – contact the Trust for more information.
- Tree planting and native seed collection.
- Assisting with our tree nursery.
- Green engineering – we routinely undertake green engineering installations and projects.
What are the benefits to volunteer with ART?
- It adds to your education from school to postgraduate
- It promotes health and wellbeing
- It increases social conscience
- It makes you feel part of a community
- It promotes inclusion
- It encourages environmental benefit
Organisation aims and objectives
The aims of the Trust are to promote and support initiatives designed to conserve, enhance and develop our fresh water environments for the benefit of the local ecology and the enjoyment of current and future generations, and to preserve a valuable part of our natural heritage.