Would you like the opportunity to support Mary’s Meals’ work to feed hungry children in some of the world’s poorest countries and help give them a brighter future? We’re looking for volunteers to join our global movement, to help raise awareness about Mary’s Meals and fundraise for our work. As a Community Volunteer you can contribute as an individual or become part of one of our local groups of passionate volunteers, helping to grow our movement by motivating and inspiring people in your local community to support our work. This role is flexible, so can fit personal circumstances and work around other commitments
· Help us to share our story - give Mary’s Meals talks to local community, organisations, schools, churches and faith groups to raise vital awareness and funds
· Host fundraising events in your local area such as coffee mornings, quizzes, and bucket collections
· Promote Mary’s Meals’ fundraising campaigns
· Distribute and display promotional materials and place collection tins in your local community
· Host community engagement events such as film screenings to share our message
• Help us to generate corporate support in your local area
· Support with local media opportunities· Come together as a group with other local volunteers to support each other with this work Volunteers can choose which of tasks they would like to partake in.
There is lots that can be gained from volunteering at Mary’s Meals. Firstly, volunteering is a great way of gaining confidence, new experiences and can allow you to make a positive difference in the world. Without our volunteers, we wouldn’t be able to help millions of children all over the world every day. By joining Mary’s Meals, you could join this cause and help us make a positive difference in more children’s lives.
Mary’s Meals serves nutritious school meals to children living in some of the world’s poorest countries. The promise of a good meal attracts these hungry children into the classroom, giving them the energy to learn and hope for a better future. Our vision is that every child receives one daily meal in their place of education and that all those who have more than they need, share with those who lack even the most basic things. Working together with those who share our vision, we believe there is no good reason why this cannot be realised. Our mission is to enable people to offer their money, goods, skills, time, or prayer, and through this involvement, provide the most effective help to those suffering the effects of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest communities.
Experience required: We are looking for volunteers who are friendly, trustworthy, interested in meeting new people and committed to our mission and values. This opportunity is also very flexible, and volunteers are encouraged to bring their skills and experience and use them to raise awareness, be they public speaking, creative fundraising ideas or networking.
Training details: New volunteers are given an induction by the Supporter Engagement Officer to give them an
introduction to Mary’s Meals, their role and policies and procedures relevant to them. If they are interested in giving talks as part of their role, they will be given extra training to cover this.
Volunteers will be able to join a virtual volunteer group, giving them support from other volunteers and in particular from the lead volunteer in their group. Support is also available from the Supporter Engagement Officer.